Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hobby Time!


Ok, so I've allowed myself to get into a mad rush about trying to finish my Guardian-wing up for Battle for Stones River.

These things happen...I guess.

I am still reeling after Chris and I pulled the rug out from under the guys in the last team tournament. Dicehead Games really stepped up the scenarios and it was tough to get max points in any of the 3 rounds. Going into the last round we were down by 14 points, and our stuff was unpainted, so best we could figure we had to table and the guys ahead of us (who were fully painted) had to get 0-3 points...We ended up winning it all!

Anyway, here is the list I have decided on for BFSR:

1863 - Guardians of the Covenant

Belial armed with two lightning claws
Belial Command Squad (5 Deathwing Terminators)
1 Apothecary
1 Standard Bearer
1 Cyclone Missile Launcher
All have TH/SS

3 X 5 Deathwing Squads
1 Twin Lightning Claw
1 Cyclone Missile Launcher
4 have TH/SS

3 Venerable Dreadnoughts with Twin-Linked Lascannon and DCCW with Heavy Flamer

3 Landspeeder Typhoons

I already owned all of these models, but I haven't played them together in a long long time, mostly because Deathwing was hard to do well with since they were over priced, had crappy storm shields, and after I played a pure Deathwing army at Adepticon last year and tabled him in 45 minutes, I figured out just how bad they are...it hurt my feelings...a lot...but now with the new FAQ the Deathwing have risen from the ashes!

These are pictures of my progress. (Click the Thumbnails for bigger pictures)



PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket



Moving along nicely, I just hope I can finish. I still have to cast about 12 40mm round bases, 3 60mm round bases and 3 landspeeder sized bases.

 

4 comments:

  1. I had thought about running a similar list - but didn't think I could get all the dust of my old Dark Angels in time. Will be watching to see how it goes.

    You should add a squad of ravenwing and an attack bike IMHO. They can split into two units - both have a Teleport homer and can scout move. Deathwing Assault on Turn one IN YOUR FACE with that. Not to mention you have 2 Melta Guns and a Multi-Melta in the game.

    think it would work better than the Dreads....

    Know you have the models - assuming you didn't destroy them for losing to me at the Waagh a few years back with them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I have actually playtested this list like that, using almost a doublewing and then just with a small squad, the problem is I have to have first turn for the bikes to work, otherwise they start on the table and 1 or two deathwing squads start on the table. So everyone kills the 3 piddly bikes and now i've lost all those points that I could have just had another Deathwing squad in with....I dunno...

    And I like the venerable dreads for tying stuff up and the str 9 shots as well. We'll see how it goes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work so I don't have an excuse of "I didn't remember that the armless man had lightning claws!" when you beat me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I always hated that excuse, but its normally viable with one of my armies I cobble together...I'm really just hoping to get this out of the way so I can start working on my Kabal!

    ReplyDelete